Penn State knows that access to higher education and the ability to pay for tuition are two of the biggest factors that determine whether a high school student will earn a college degree and will graduate on time.
The Pathway to Success: Summer Start (PaSSS) program at select Penn State campuses will provide you with tools and resources to increase the likelihood that you will graduate and earn your Penn State degree on time, potentially saving thousands of dollars in tuition and fees.
- Get your college career off to a successful start in a more relaxed summer setting
- Become familiar with the faculty and staff and learn about resources available to support your learning
- Meet classmates earlier and develop a new group of friends
- Build your résumé early by getting work experience and serving as a peer mentor
- Have the opportunity to receive personalized instruction in math to increase your college readiness
- Receive a per-credit scholarship both summers that you participate
- PaSSS lasts five or six weeks during the summer prior to your first year at Penn State.
- The 2020 program runs July 1 – August 14.
- If you successfully complete your first full year at Penn State, you will be eligible to continue the program in the second summer.
- You will take six credits (two courses) during the first summer and twelve credits (four courses) during the second summer.
- You will be paired with a peer mentor who will assist with the transition to college; in the second summer, you can become a student-mentor to assist new PaSSS students.